Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I got the reply.

My question: When I talking to the foreiner, I always so nervous. How to overcome this feeling? Please teach me some tips. Thank you!

The reply 1: Practise , practise, practise!
Practise describing words and paraphrasing so that if you do not know the word in English you can describe it. That way the conversation does not break down.
My thinking:
I consider this teacher's suggestion is the most important thing: learn more word. Maybe I need spend some time reading my English magazine.

The reply 2: If you are in a position where you are expected to be fluent in English- then it's difficult, I can imagine (from my own experience).

If not- then don't be nervous, you are not expected to be fluent, you are a foreigner (in English), it's OK to make mistakes, it's not your native language. Though I know it's easy to say....(a sigh).
My thinking:
Well, I can't imagine that I fluent speak english. My goal is very simple: Let the people speaking english to know my meaning, that's all.

1 comment:

  1. Practice definitely will help, and yes, it's important to lern more words.
    Sure, the goal for most English learners is to have the ability to communicate with others in English.

    ReplyDelete